From XMS Wiki - http://wikis.aquaveo.com/xms/
|Model type||One-dimensional (1D) and two-dimensional (2D) flood and tide simulation software. It simulates the complex hydrodynamics of floods and tides using the full 1D St Venant equations and the full 2D free-surface shallow water equations.|
|Developer||Bill Syme BMT WBM (Australia)|
|Web site||TUFLOW web site|
The TUFLOW computational engine computes 1D and 2D hydraulic solutions. The engine is very stable making it an excellent choice for models with lots of wetting and drying. TUFLOW includes 1D cross-sections, 1D pipe networks, 1D and 2D hydraulic structures, and allows rainfall directly on the model domain so it is useful in many different applications including coastal, riverine and urban settings.
For more information see the TUFLOW webpage www.tuflow.com.
The TUFLOW Interface in SMS can be used to construct TUFLOW models and view and analyze the results.
Some of the features of the interface include:
- Create 2D domains from bathymetry data
- Extract 1D cross-section domains from TIN data
- Define 1D pipe domains including links to the surface
- Import data from ArcGIS or MapInfo GIS formats
- Define boundary conditions at 1D nodes, 2D lines, or 2D polygons
- Create 2D geometry modifications to model objects such as levees
- Set material properties such as Manning n values and hydrologic losses
- Define simulations from building blocks above
- Simulations share common data to prevent data duplication errors and make it easy to update project with new data
Using the Model / Practical Notes
- For the past several years, TUFLOW required the horizontal and vertical coordinates used for input files to be in meters. Starting with the release of TUFLOW 2012, the numeric engine now supports an option for customary units. We recommend that you set the units to be the desired units at the beginning of a project. SMS will allow you to switch units, but since this feature is so new, the responsibility to verify model parameters and boundary conditions are in the correct units remains with the user. Geographic Coordinates cannot be used since it is a latitude/longitude system defined in decimal degrees.
SMS – Surface-water Modeling System
|Modules:||1D Grid · 1D River · Cartesian Grid · Curvilinear Grid · GIS · Map · Mesh · Particle · Raster · Scatter|
|General Models:||FVCOM · Generic Mesh · PTM · TUFLOW-FV|
|Coastal Models:||ADCIRC · BOUSS-2D · CGWAVE · CMS-Flow · CMS-Wave · CSHORE · CSTORM-MS · GenCade · STWAVE · WAM|
|Riverine/Estuarine Models:||ADH · FESWMS · HYDRO AS-2D · RIVERFLO-2D · RMA2 · RMA4 · SRH-2D · Steering · TUFLOW|