Maps, Tables, and Charts of Snow and Rainfall
NCDC NEXRAD Radar Data
NNDC Climate Data Online
Fifteen minute and hourly historical data in ascii format at no cost.
NOAA Atlas 2
Precipitation-Frequency maps for the Western US at a 15 ' resolution (~400m)
- Grid in Geographic NAD 83 coordinates
- Grid values in inches * 100,000
A massive collection of climate-related data, tables and maps for gages, states and more.
Regional Climate Centers
A variety of precipitation data from NOAA Atlas 2 precipitation/duration/frequency maps to snow data.
Utah Climate Center
Gage data (i.e., precipitation, snowfall, temperature) for all 50 US states and around the world.
Thirty-year average (normal) precipitation maps for each state as well as GIS precipitation data.
A wide variety of precipitation and snow data in graph, chart and table format.
Radar and rain gage data combined to create accurate rainfall estimates. This data must be purchased.
Climatological data such as precipitation, evapo-transpiration, wind and temperature are usually found in university libraries and are published by the U.S. Department of Commerce National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). Precipitation data includes depth, intensity, duration, recurrence intervals, snowfall etc. Methods of calculating precipitation for a watershed from gage data include the Thiessen polygon method, the isohyetal method, and a simple arithmetic mean. Other forms of precipitation such as snow are also important. Snow data can be collected by various means such as SNOTEL and snow course.
- How do I obtain precipitation data from NNDC Climate Data Online
- How do I obtain precipitation data from NOAA
- How do I obtain precipitation data from RCC
- How do I obtain precipitation data from the UCC
- How do I obtain precipitation data from NRCS PRISM
- How do I obtain precipitation data from NRCS NWCC
- How do I decompress data files