CW:Citywater Convert NET File to INP File
At this time, EPANET NET files cannot be directly imported into CityWater or WMS. However, the NET files can be converted to INP files using EPANET.
If you do not have EPANET installed on your computer already, you may download it free of charge from the official EPANET website:
- In a web browser navigate to https://www.epa.gov/water-research/epanet
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the link called “Self-extracting installation program for EPANET 2.00.12 (EXE)” to initiate the download.
- When the installation file finishes downloading, navigate to the location where you saved it and double-click the file to launch the installer.
- Follow the instructions to complete the installation.
After you have installed EPANET, convert the NET file to a INP file as follows:
- Launch EPANET 2.
- Select File > Open…
- In the Open a Project dialog, browse to the NET file you wish to convert and select it.
- Press Open to open the file and close the dialog.
- Select File > Export > Network…
- Browse to the location you wish to save the file INP file and press Save to close the dialog.
You can now use the INP file that you generated to upload your model to CityWater or WMS.
Note: The trace option must be turned on in the EPANET project before exporting the file in order to be able to use trace flow in CityWater.
|Articles:||Overview • Project Details • Project Map • Project Schematic • Scenarios • User Management|
|Support:||Tutorials • Convert NET File • What's New in CityWater • Bugfixes • Terms and Conditions|