CW:What's New in CityWater
From XMS WikiJump to navigationJump to search
New features in CityWater are released during the regular release cycle. A list of recent additions and changes is contained below.
- CityWater pricing system changed
- Map Features
- New Pressure Swing layer that shows the maximum change in pressure over the entire simulation
- New Quality layer for links which corresponds with the Quality layer for nodes
- Added System Flow Balance plot
- Address search now only searches within the model extent
- Improved default color schemes for all layers
- Support for additional demands in node properties
- Improved symbology for pumps and valves
- Scenario Features:
- Plots of scenarios now show both the scenario and base model time series
- Controls and Rules can be enabled or disabled when editing a scenario
- Schematic Features:
- Two distinct modes in schematic: pinned and free flow
- Added option to pin by average head, in addition to average elevation
- Show scale and pin by elevation now default
- Nodes can be moved horizontally when pinned by elevation
- Other Features:
- Added Sum of Demand statistic to project details
- New Advanced License Tier - fire flow and scenarios functionality added to this tier and removed from Standard tier
- Bugs Addressed:
- Fixed issues preventing scenarios from being run
- Fixed issue with fire flow processes failing to run
- Many changes to improve render performance
- Computer freeze/crash when animation was too fast
- Pump and valve icons not rendering
- Deleting projects/scenarios and creating new scenarios wasn't working
- Plots on map were not working for some layers
- Client count restriction wasn't working on enterprise organizations
- Quality links layer was showing up on legacy models that didn't support the layer
- Insert and delete row buttons stopped working after first use in edit curve dialog
- Exporting report and network layers was not working
- Scenario was not being cleared from list after deleting until the page was refreshed
- Various aesthetic issues, typos, style problems, inconsistencies
- Frequent 502 Gateway Timeout errors encountered
- Some tooltips obscured by header or other elements
- Ability to toggle on/off labels for elements on the map based on the layer they are toggled for (links/nodes).
- The Links layer option (in the Link Layer dropdown) is now displayed/colored according to pipe size.
- The Nodes layer option (in the Node Layer dropdown) is now displayed/colored according to node elevation.
- There is now an Average, Minimum, and Maximum option under the Time dropdown that will adjust the display (coloring/legend) according to the selected statistic.
- Average will display according to the average value occurring at a node (across every time step) for every node node.
- Minimum will display according to the minimum value occurring at a node (across every time step) for every node node.
- Maximum will display according to the maximum value occurring at a node (across every time step) for every node node.
- The Projects (main) page can now be sorted by column.
- The Projects (main) page now has pagination options to display a certain number of results per page.
- The User Accounts page now has pagination options to display a certain number of results per page.
- CityWater is now compatible with Internet Explorer.
- Rules/Controls tab added with viewing and editing/creating (scenarios only) capabilities.
- Model Options (global options and time options) tab added with viewing and editing/creating (scenarios only) capabilities.
- Client Organizations can be made active/inactive by their owner organization's admins.
- Input file can now be exported from the Export tab (especially nice for scenarios, since the user will not already have this input file).
- Changes tab added and only visible when viewing a scenario. This tab reports the changes that were made to the base project links/nodes/global options/time options for this scenario.
- The bottom bar in the map view is now a toolbar with context-specific buttons/icons:
- The magnifying glass button is for zooming to the map extents.
- The movie reel button is for animating the layers. This button only shows up if the model is not a steady-state, snapshot model.
- The plot button is for plotting the time series of a selected feature based on the layer being shown.
- The fire hydrant button is for fireflow options. This button is only enabled when a single junction is selected.
- The water quality button is for running the model on the fly with the specified water quality method (trace, chemical, or age) and then viewing the results as an animation. This button is only enabled when nothing is selected (chemical or age option only), or when any node is selected (trace option only).
- The jump to links/nodes options have also been moved to the toolbar and are also now populated with every possible option and include a search filter.
- Three new fireflow tools added:
- A peakday fireflow analysis can be performed at project upload if desired. This will create a new map layer with color-coded nodes according to the peakday fireflow available at each node (based on the peakday time and residual pressure specified by the user).
- From the toolbar in the map, a user can get the available flow at any node in the model (this is based on the specified time step and the nozzle size chosen).
- Also from the toolbar, a user can select "Planning Analysis" and then input a desired flow, residual pressure, and duration to generate results showing if any nodes in the zone violate this residual pressure.
- When viewing threshold pressure inefficiencies from the "Energy" tab of the schematic view, a list of violating nodes is now provided, and if clicked will also display a sparkline.
- Schematic optimized to load quicker (shaving off up to 10 seconds of load time on large models).
- Projects and users pages are now paginated, with the ability to modify the number of records shown per page.
- Organization Admins can activate/disable the accounts of their organization's Viewer users.
- Post processing can be reset
- Map layers reflect average values by default (if no specific time step is selected). While in this configuration, selecting a feature will display the average, maximum, and minimum values.
- Organization Admins can create "Scenarios" off of their base projects. This allows basic properties of the base model to be modified before being "re-ran".
- The Map page now has "Jump to node" and "Jump to link" input options, each with a corresponding Go button.
- The Map page now has a Base Map viewing option for Aerial, Road, or Aerial w/Labels.
- Added CityWater tutorials.
|Articles:||Overview • Project Details • Project Map • Project Schematic • Scenarios • User Management|
|Support:||Tutorials • Convert NET File • What's New in CityWater • Bugfixes • Terms and Conditions|