SMS:ADH Sediment Library Control
The ADH Sediment Library Control contains the graphical prompts for specifying model options. The dialog is accessed through the ADH | Sediment Library Control menu item.
To make use of the ADH Sediment Library Control, it is required that the ADH model be in metric units. Otherwise, the model will encounter an error.
See ADH Consolidation for more information.
See ADH Transport Constituents for more information.
Global Materials Sed Props
The Global Materials Sediment Properties tab sets the number of of bed layers. Once the Number of bed layers field has been completed, the Sediment Bed Layers... button will become active. Clicking this button will bring up the Sediment Bed Layers dialog.
See ADH Sediment Transport and Bed Layers for more information.
Sediment Bed Layers Dialog
The Sediment Bed Layers dialog permits changing bed layer values. The following values can be viewed or changed:
- Layer – Gives the layer name. Changes to this field will not be saved. Layers are ordered with the lowest layer number at the bottom.
- Distribution – This button will open the Distribution dialog. In the Distribution dialog, the material percentages in the bed layer can be adjusted.
- Thickness (m) – The thickness of the bed layer given in meters.
- Bulk Denisity – Measured in kilograms per cubic meters.
- Erosion crit. shear – Critical shear stress for erosion is used in the erosion flux equation. Measured in Newtons per square meters.
- Erosion rate constant – Used in the erosion flux equation.
- Erosion rate exponent – Used in the erosion flux equation.
This tab has five options.
- Non-cohesive sediment entrainment
- Value options include: "Garcia-Parker", "Wright-Parker", "Van Rijn" or "C2Shore". When this option is selected it will write out the SP NSE card.
- Non-cohesive bedload entrainment
- Value options include: "Van Rijn", "Meyer Peter Mueller", "Meyer Peter Mueller w/Wong Parker Correction", or "C2Shore". When this option is selected it will write out the SP NBE card.
- Non-cohesive hiding factor
- Value options include: "Karim Holly Yang" or "Egiazaroff". When this option is selected it will write out the SP HID card.
- Cohesive settling velocity
- Value options include: "Free settling" or "Hwang and Mehta". When this option is selected it will write out the SP CSV card.
- Bed shear stress due to wind wave
- Value options include: "No applied wind-wave stress", "Grand and Madsen", or "Teeter". When this option is selected it will write out the SP WWS card.
The CS2SHORE tab has ten options.
- Median sediment grain size with card SP C2SD50
- Breaking efficiency with card SP C2SEB
- Bottom dissipation efficiency with card SP C2SEF
- Bed porosity with card SP C2SBP
- Sediment fall velocity with card SP C2SWF
- Sediment specific gravity with card SP C2SSG
- Suspended load parameter with card SP C2SSL
- Wave-related bed load parameter with card SP C2SBLW
- Current-related bed load parameter with card SP C2SBLC
- Wave friction factor with card SP C2SFW
SMS – Surface-water Modeling System
|Modules:||1D Grid • Cartesian Grid • Curvilinear Grid • GIS • Map • Mesh • Particle • Quadtree • Raster • Scatter|
|General Models:||FVCOM • Generic • PTM • TUFLOW FV|
|Coastal Models:||ADCIRC • BOUSS-2D • CGWAVE • CMS-Flow • CMS-Wave • GenCade • STWAVE • WAM|
|Riverine/Estuarine Models:||ADH • FESWMS • HEC-RAS • HYDRO AS-2D • RMA2 • RMA4 • SRH-2D • Steering • TUFLOW|
|Aquaveo • SMS Tutorials • SMS Workflows|