SMS:GenCade Refine Point
The Refine Point dialog is used to set the attributes for a refine point represented by a feature point in a GenCade model coverage. The dialog is reached by selecting a point in a GenCade coverage and selecting the Feature Objects | Attributes command.
Attributes that can be specified for each refine point include:
- Refine grid in I direction – Has the following option when turn on:
- Base cell size – Specify the cell I size in the vicinity of the refine point.
- Wave gage – Applies wave gage settings to the refined point. Selecting the Options button will bring up the Wage Gages dialog.
- Tidal currents – Applies tidal current data to the rifined point. Selecting the Options button will bring up the Tidal Currents dialog.
- K1 – Regulates the magnitude of the longshore transport and should be calibrated first.
- K2 – Influence the shoreline position in the vicinity of structures or where there is a sharp change in shoreline orientation.
- Angle amplification
- Angle incremental adjustment
- Height amplification
- Berm height
- Depth of closure
Only refine points located within a grid frame are used when the Map → 1D Grid command is executed. Refine points are not available for all models, since some Cartesian grid models require uniform cell sizes.
SMS – Surface-water Modeling System
|Modules:||1D Grid • Cartesian Grid • Curvilinear Grid • GIS • Map • Mesh • Particle • Quadtree • Raster • Scatter|
|General Models:||FVCOM • Generic • PTM • TUFLOW FV|
|Coastal Models:||ADCIRC • BOUSS-2D • CGWAVE • CMS-Flow • CMS-Wave • GenCade • STWAVE • WAM|
|Riverine/Estuarine Models:||ADH • FESWMS • HEC-RAS • HYDRO AS-2D • RMA2 • RMA4 • SRH-2D • Steering • TUFLOW|
|Aquaveo • SMS Tutorials • SMS Workflows|