The UGrid module has the following the menus:
- Project Explorer right-click commands
Commands for each of these menus are detailed below.
UGrid Data Menu
The Data menu in the UGrid module has the following commands:
- Dataset Toolbox – Opens the Data Toolbox containing various tools to work with datasets.
- VTK Data Calculator
- Set Contour Min/Max – Sets the contour options based on the current options and the selected nodes/vertices or zoom level.
- Contour Range Options – Controls if the Set Contour Min/Max command applies to dataset specific contour options or the general contour options (for the mesh or scatter modules). It also sets the flags for precision and fill above and below.
- Film Loop – Visualization command – launches the film loop generation wizard
- Zonal Classification – Creates polygons matching user specified criterion from the current mesh and its datasets
- Map Elevation – Assigns a new "elevation" or "depth" dataset to the current UGrid. See below.
SMS requires that a mesh or grid have bathymetry, or bottom elevation data, associated with the nodes or cells. By default, SMS creates a dataset named "elevation" to store the elevation values. The dataset being used to store elevations is referred to as the mapped dataset.
The Data menus in several modules include a command to use another functional dataset as this mapped elevation function. When this command is performed the Select Dataset dialog opens to allow any existing scalar dataset to be chosen. Any time step of any scalar dataset can be used as the mapped dataset and override the previous nodal elevation values. This is used mainly when interpolating new elevation data from scatter points.
UGrid Nodes Menu
The Nodes menu in the UGrid module has the following commands:
- Find – Opens the Find Node dialog which can initiate a search for a specific Ugrid node.
- Locked – The nodes in a mesh can be dragged with the mouse cursor if they are unlocked and the Select Mesh Nodes tool is selected. The Locked item in the Nodes menu toggles on and off the node locked status. If nodes are locked, a check mark is shown next to the menu text. The default status is locked so that nodes are not accidentally moved.
UGrid Nodestrings Menu
The Nodestrings menu in the UGrid module has the following commands:
- Force Breaklines – This command is only available when at least one nodestring is selected. The command forces element edges to follow the selected nodestring(s). This can be accomplished by swapping element edges or by inserting nodes where the nodestring crosses an element edge. This capability is described in the Breaklines article.
UGrid Elements Menu
The Elements menu in the UGrid module has the following commands:
- Find Element – Used to locate an element either with a specific ID, or surrounding a specific location. When this command is executed the Find dialog opens.
- Triangulate – Triangulates the selected nodes to form triangle elements.
UGrid Right-Click Menus
Right-clicking on a UGrid object in the Project Explorer has several commands depending the selected object.
- Display Options
- Collapse All
- Expand All
- Check All
- Uncheck All
- New Folder
- Interpolate To
- Zoom to UGrid
Right-clicking on a UGrid dataset has the following commands:
- Scalars to Vector
- Dataset Contour Options
- Time units and reference
SMS – Surface-water Modeling System
|Modules:||1D Grid • Cartesian Grid • Curvilinear Grid • GIS • Map • Mesh • Particle • Quadtree • Raster • Scatter|
|General Models:||FVCOM • Generic • PTM • TUFLOW FV|
|Coastal Models:||ADCIRC • BOUSS-2D • CGWAVE • CMS-Flow • CMS-Wave • GenCade • STWAVE • WAM|
|Riverine/Estuarine Models:||ADH • FESWMS • HEC-RAS • HYDRO AS-2D • RMA2 • RMA4 • SRH-2D • Steering • TUFLOW|
|Aquaveo • SMS Tutorials • SMS Workflows|