| This contains information about functionality available starting at SMS version 13.2.
The content may not apply to other versions.
A Display Theme is a collection of display options. Display themes are a way to create and save display options for later use. The look of the data can be quickly changed using display themes.
Create a display theme by right-clicking in the blank space of the Project Explorer and selecting the New Display Theme... menu command. This will bring up the Display Theme Properties dialog. In this dialog, name the display theme, select which display options to include in the display theme, and enter the names of items that will automatically use the display theme. When closing the dialog, a new display theme data object will appear in the Project Explorer. This data object stores all of the display options as set when the object was created.
Multiple display themes can exist within a project. Each display theme can be set to save a variety of options: views (general display, lighting, etc), visibility (Project Explorer settings), and geometry (display options for 2D mesh, map coverages, etc.). Display themes can also be associated with a particular dataset.
Display themes can be saved out by using the Save As... command and selecting to save the file as an XDT file. Display themes can then be loaded into an existing project.
Display Theme Right-Click Menu
- Rename the display theme.
- Duplicate a display theme.
- Deletes the display theme.
- Update With Current Display
- Changes the display theme to match the current display options.
- Brings up the Display Theme Properties dialog.
- Brings up the Notes dialog where notes about the display theme can be recorded.
Display Theme Properties
The Display Theme Properties dialog defines which display options to show with the saved display theme.
- Display Theme name – Option to name this theme.
- Load this theme when objects with the following names are selected in the Project Explorer – Select to automatically load this display theme for the objects in the Project Explorer whose names match the list below this heading. The names in the list must match exactly the names of the objects in the Project Explorer. Double-click in a list item to change its name.
- Display options to include – Display themes apply attributes in groups. It may be more intuitive if you limit a display theme to include only one of the options in this area. The groups currently include:
- General (view, lighting, etc.) – Select this option to include all of the options in the general tab of the display options dialog.
- Geometry (scatter sets, mesh etc.) – Select this option to include all of the options in the Scatter, 2D Mesh, Cartesian Grid, and UGrid tabs of the Display Options dialog.
- Object visibility – Select this option to include the current visibility settings of objects in the Project Explorer. They are considered visible if the box next to them is checked in the Project Explorer.
- Datasets – Select this option to include all of the options for contour and/or vector objects in all of the geometry tabs. This includes the contour and vector tabs in all of the geometry modules (Scatter, 2D Mesh, Cartesian Grid, and UGrid tabs).
- Contours – Select to turn on contour options for this display theme.
- Vectors – Select to turn on vector options for this display theme.
Notes for best practice:
- It is more intuitive to limit the scope of a specific display theme. For this reason, we recommend selecting a single option in these lists for each theme.
- Organizing the display themes into folders based on the scope of the themes can clarify the application of each theme.
SMS – Surface-water Modeling System
|Modules:||1D Grid • Cartesian Grid • Curvilinear Grid • GIS • Map • Mesh • Particle • Quadtree • Raster • Scatter • UGrid|
|General Models:||FVCOM • Generic • PTM|
|Coastal Models:||ADCIRC • BOUSS-2D • CGWAVE • CMS-Flow • CMS-Wave • GenCade • STWAVE • WAM|
|Riverine/Estuarine Models:||ADH • HEC-RAS • HYDRO AS-2D • RMA2 • RMA4 • SRH-2D • TUFLOW • TUFLOW FV|
|Aquaveo • SMS Tutorials • SMS Workflows|