SMS:Bugfixes SMS 10.0
From XMS WikiJump to navigationJump to search
The SMS Intermediate Release Bugfixes page for SMS 10.0.
SMS 10.0 Intermediate Release Bugfixes
Intermediate release SMS 10.0.11 - February 10, 2009
- Fixed a merge meshes crash
- Fixed a problem with RMA2 Marsh Porosity where all of the data was not being saved
- Fixed a problem with ADCIRC weirs
- Fixed a problem with zonal classification
- Fixed a crash in converting GIS shapefiles to feature objects
- Fixed a problem where RMA2 steering it always reports 0.0% of target
Intermediate release SMS 10.0.10 - December 10, 2008
- Fixed a crash with converting Shapefiles (GIS) to Feature objects (Map module)
- Fixed a problem where Shapefile->Map created additional arcs
- Material Assignments to elements mixed up
- Fixed a problem with initial values not initializing correctly in the vector to scalar dialog
- Fixed a crash when opening sms or fpr file
- Fixed a problem where renaming an arc incorrectly closed a profile plot
- Fixed a problem where image pyramids were sometimes not setup correctly for large images
- Fixed a problem where SMS sometimes hung when doing a delete all command
- Fixed a problem where ADCIRC spatial attributes were not being seeded correctly from the specified dataset
- Fixed a problem where ADCIRC spatial attributes were not using the default values which caused larger files to be written then were necessary
- Fixed a problem where reading a partially complete ADCIRC solution was completely aborted rather than reading valid time steps
Intermediate release SMS 10.0.9 - November 4, 2008
- Fixed a crash with the material properties for generic model interface
- Fixed a problem with contour labels showing incorrect values
- Fixed a problem with the controls to adjust the size of the contour legend
- Fixed a crash with cleaning really complicated map coverages
- Fixed a crash with opening project files with plots that have incomplete data
- Fixed a crash with zonal classification feature
- Fixed a crash that occurred when moving SMS between monitors when using multiple displays
- Fixed a crash with the FESWMS global bed control
- Fixed a problem with demo mode that prevented the user from panning or zooming correctly
- Fixed a problem with using the virtual earth locator to download teraserver images
Intermediate release SMS 10.0.8 - October 6, 2008
- Fixed a problem with merging cartesian grid rows and columns
- Fixed a problem where generating cellstrings along boundary produced overlapping strings
Intermediate release SMS 10.0.7 - August 29, 2008
- SMS now correctly writes the viscosity data to the appropriate input files
- Fixed a problem with RMA4 nodestrings with midside nodes
- Changed find by node ID so that the red circle stays around longer
- Fixed a crash relating to flux plots
- Fixed a crash that occured when reading certain project files
- Fixed a crash relating to boundary conditions with the Generic 2D Mesh Model
- Fixed a crash that occured when running FESWMS
- Fixed a problem with an improper wave angle written out when steering with CMS-Wave
- Fixed a problem with specify input paths for PTM hydrodynamics
- Fixed a crash when selecting a cell in a grid with no elevation dataset
- Fixed a problem where the BOUSS2D Wave generator arrow was displayed in the wrong direction
- Fixed a crash that occured when reading an ADCIRC fort.61 file
- Fixed a crash that occured when observation coverages were deleted before their associated plots
- Fixed a problem with converting Cartesian Grid coordinates
- Fixed so the selection highlighting is done correctly when using the Cartesian Grid Find Cell command.
- Fixed a crash after deleting materials from the CGWave materials dialog
- Updated the PTM executable so it will work with hardware locks
- Fixed a crash when using nested STWAVE grids
- Fixed a crash that occured when you tried to read in scattered data when the scatter module is not enabled
- Fixed a crash when reading incomplete FESWMS .sed files
- Changed SMS to not report PTM warnings for "Mapping Output Interval" if mapping output is turned off
- You will no longer be prompted to save twice when working with STWAVE
- SMS now treats ADCIRC fort.73 and fort.74 files correctly in the model control tab
- Fixed a crash with some RMA4 project files
- Fixed problems with exporting multiple timesteps into a tabular data file
- Fixed a problem with functional surfaces not displaying correctly after changing the display options.
- Fixed an endless loop when trying to create "multiple view" filmloops
Intermediate release SMS 10.0.6 - July 15, 2008
- A problem with the display getting fouled up after changing the z-mag until the next frame command has been fixed
- Fixed crash when trying to assign ADCIRC weirs to nodestrings with different numbers of nodes
- SMS now correctly uses external files specified in the TUFLOW grid options dialog
- Fixed a problem where invalid material references could be created when using the generic model interface
- Fixed a crash that happened on certain computers when saving scatter sets as TINs
- Fixed a problem with the tutorial files for the generic model interface
- Fixed a crash with multiple view filmloops
- Inverting cell selection with Cartesian Grids now works correctly
- Select Cartesian Grid cells by data value has been fixed
- The node ordering for boundaries and forcing files has been made consistent
- STWAVE now runs multiple events from SMS
- The display will now update correctly after changing a nodes x, y coordinates
- Fixed a crash with observation fluxes
- Fixed a problem with observation attribute names for arcs when using both nodes and arcs
- Scatter edges now display correctly when panning after swapping edges
- The display now updates correctly after reversing the direction of a feature arc
- Fixed a crash with zonal classification if you enter the dialog with zones defined that don’t have any criteria
- Fixed Ctrl+ key shortcuts to match the descriptions in the menu
- When mapping an elevation dataset the correct name is now used
- Fixed a problem saving TUFLOW event data
- Select by material type now refreshes appropriately
- Fixed select by dataset value for nodes
- Fixed a crash with certain FESWMS sed files
- Fixed a crash that occurred sometimes when loading a DEM from an asc file
- Fixed a crash that occurred with Cartesian Grid functional surfaces and ATI graphics cards
- Modified the Scatter Contour -> Feature dialog to work more cleanly
- Fixed a crash that occurred with reading some ADCIRC datasets
- Fixed creating cell strings for PTM from CMS-Flow
Intermediate release SMS 10.0.5 - June 20, 2008
- Fixed a problem with SMS accessing deleted temporary files.
- Fixed a crash with trying to access plot data after deleting feature arcs.
- Bouss-2D wave maker images now appear right side up.
- Fixed a crash with deleting nodes with nodal boundary conditions being displayed.
- Fixed a problem with creating PTM input data from an RMA2 solution.
- Fixed a crash that sometimes occured when smoothing size datasets in the mesh module.
- Fixed a problem with reading RMA2 mesh and solution files that have gaps in the node ids.
- Fixed a crash that occured when deleting improperly created Cartesian grid cell strings.
- Fixed a crash with exporting tabular data.
- We now give an explanation message if we cannot create a nautical grid.
- Fixed a problem where sometimes multiple scalar and vector datasets could appear active.
- SMS now updates the time window when datasets are referenced to a specific timeframe.
- Fixed a problem where SMS doesn't terminate on exit if a solution dataset has no valid values.
- Coordinate transforms are now applied to all the grids and not just the active grid.
- Fixed a meshing crash that sometimes happened with scalar density paving.
- SMS now writes the TUFLOW initial water level value in the tgc file so it can be overriden by water level polygons.
- SMS now writes the STWAVE nesting cells correctly.
- Fixed a problem where it was necessary to launch STWAVE twice before it would run successfully.
- Fixed a problem with Bouss2D probe dialog.
- SMS now saves the Cartesian Grid arc options.
- Changed the output format of the CMS Wave energy file to ensure proper spacing between numbers.
- The Refine point dialog now uses I and J rather than U and V to be consistent with other parts of the interface.
- SMS now handles the TUFLOW external grid file correctly.
- Trying to assign weirs to nodestrings of different numbers of nodes no longer crashes.
- Fixed a problem with changing the z-magnification that broke the display until the next frame occured.
Intermediate release SMS 10.0.4 - June 11, 2008
- Mesh contours will now display correctly when there are timesteps that are completely dry
- Fixed a CMS-Flow, CMS-Wave steering crash
- Fixed a crash that occured when creating arrowheads using the map draw tools
- Fixed GIS to Coverage when using a TUFLOW network coverage
- The profile plot now updates when adding and removing arcs from arc groups
- Map nodes were drawn in their old location after being dragged to a new location
- Arcs would sometimes disappear behind transparent contours
- The origin of observation arcs now save with map files
- Default stamp elevation for feature stamping is now used correctly
- Newly created coverages are now active in the project explorer
- Transparency for Cartesian Grid functional surfaces has been fixed
- Color filled and linear contours now appear at the same z elevation for Cartesian Grids
- Naming observation arcs no longer cause a crash
- Fixed a nodestring display update issue
- Fixed a crash reading shape files
- PTM post processing datasets are now saved with the project
- Triple clicking the same point when creating an arc no longer causes a crash
- Having multiple CMS Flow grids with cellstrings no longer causes bad cellstrings
- Trying to save a scatter set to a read only file no longer crashes SMS
- SMS again allows users to drag files onto the icon to open them
- An issue with the timestep window not showing up when using PTM has been fixed
- Fixed a crash when deleting points used by an observation plot
- There were times when newly created scatter points were not added to the triangulation. This has been fixed.
- At times SMS would hang when optimizing the triangulation
- Contour labels are no longer cut off by color filled contours
- Fixed a selection problem with scatter vertices by when using a polygon
- Some DEM files were not reading in correctly but they do now
- TUFLOW 1D Flow vs WSE boundary conditions were not be written to the TUFLOW files correctly
- The get info dialog for meshes no longer reports information from unused models
- Fixed the DEM import dialog so that the feedback is correct and makes sense
- Fixed a problem with display updates when assigning flowrate boundary conditions
- Functional surfaces now frame correctly
- The screen refreshes correctly when interpolating between nodes
- It is now always possible to exit selecting with a box by using the escape key
- Fixed a crash that occurred when copy a coverage with selected entities
- Removed excess information from the zonal classification logs
- Fixed a crash when reading an invalid RMA2 solution
- SMS now stores Bouss2D grids the right size and with the correct indices
- Fixed some problems with Bouss2D probes
- SMS now displays coverages in the correct order
- Fixed a problem where multiple CGrids sometimes displayed
- Fixed 1D element contours
- Fixed problems with grid frames (dragging, deleting, and copying)
- Fixed a problem with 1D element node updates
- Coastline files can be created even if you don't have CGWave enabled
- Fixed a crash with deleting cell strings
Intermediate release SMS 10.0.3 - May 1, 2008
- PTM executable updated to version 2.025
- Saving out coastline file available if CGWAVE or ADCIRC is enabled
- ADCIRC 63/64 file crash
- Slow deletion of feature points
- STWAVE coverage issue specifying land polygons
- GIS to Feature data crash
- Generic model interface - global parameter definition bug
- Import wizard problem where z elevations not properly mapped to feature points
- Fixed multiple views film-loop
- GIS to Map for TUFLOW network coverage fixed
- Relocated map node displayed at old location until refresh
- Origin of observation arc is now saved in the map file
- Cartesian grid Color fill and linear contours are now displayed at consistent elevations to improve visualizing them in 3D
- Name observation arc crash
- Nodestring display issue
- Fixed create arc tool crash
- Editing scatter points and overwriting HDF5 file problem
- Crash when deleting feature points in specific situations
Intermediate release SMS 10.0.2 - March 14, 2008
- Crash when performing change/delete when triangles selected
- Print preview not functioning
- Scale legend does print correctly
- Text and drawing objects not printing correctly
- Transform feature objects was not working for PTM coverages
- STWAVE Boundary conditions types not saved correctly
Intermediate release SMS 10.0.1 - February 19, 2008
- Fixed the inability to select Southern hemisphere UTM zones
- Fixed several graphical glitches including texture mapping on a surface and several update problems
- Fixed various problems with the spectral energy dialog
- Removed misleading messages that originate from the generic model interface
- Fixed a crash that sometimes occurred when using zonal classification
- Fixed a problem with PTM traps that was reporting the open/closed state incorrectly
- Fixed some issues with models that only support metric units
- Fixed a crash that sometimes occurred when trying to use LTEA
- Changed STWAVE to write out all datasets by default
- Fixed coordinate conversions for PTM sources
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused poor meshes to be generated
- Current SMS Bugfixes
- What's New in SMS
- Installing and Setting up SMS
- System Requirements
- License Agreement
SMS – Surface-water Modeling System
|Modules:||1D Grid • Cartesian Grid • Curvilinear Grid • GIS • Map • Mesh • Particle • Quadtree • Raster • Scatter|
|General Models:||FVCOM • Generic • PTM • TUFLOW FV|
|Coastal Models:||ADCIRC • BOUSS-2D • CGWAVE • CMS-Flow • CMS-Wave • GenCade • STWAVE • WAM|
|Riverine/Estuarine Models:||ADH • FESWMS • HEC-RAS • HYDRO AS-2D • RMA2 • RMA4 • SRH-2D • Steering • TUFLOW|
|Aquaveo • SMS Tutorials • SMS Workflows|