SMS:Model Specific Coverages
Specific model coverage can be selected by right-clicking on the Map Data item in the Project Explorer and selecting Type | Models followed by selecting the model coverage; or by right-clicking on the Map Data item and selecting New Coverage command followed by using the New Coverage dialog.
The following model specific coverages are available:
- ADCIRC – Used to build a conceptual model of an ADCIRC project.
- Boundary Conditions
- Recording Stations
- Wind Stations
- ADH – Has two coverage options.
- BOUSS2D – Used to build feature objects and parameters for a BOUSS-2D model simulation.
- BOUSS Runup/Overtopping – Uses multiple coverages to create the Runup/Overtopping model simulation. The coverages are:
- Probes – Used to create feature objects for probes.
- Damping – Used to create arcs with damping attributes.
- Porosity – Used to create arcs with porosity attributes.
- Roughness – Uses polygons to define the varying roughness.
- Transects – Used to create arcs to represent the 1-d grid used for a run-up simulation.
- Wavemaker – Used to create arcs that define wave parameters.
- CGWAVE – Used to build a conceptual model of a CGWAVE project.
- CMS-Flow – Utilize two different coverage types.
- Boundary Conditions – Used to create the computational domain (or grid).
- Save Points – Used to define special output locations from the computation.
- CMS-Wave – Used to build a conceptual model of a CMS-Wave project.
- EFDC – Used to create curvilinear grids for use with the EFDC model (EFDC grid format).
- ESMF – Used to couple ADCIRC and STWAVE models.
- FESWMS – Used to build a conceptual model of a FESWMS project.
- GenCade – Used to build a conceptual model of a GenCade project.
- Generic Model Coverage
- PTM – Allows simulating particle transport processes.
- SED-ZLJ – Sediment model used with the EFDC coverage.
- SRH-2D – Uses multiple coverages to create the SRH-2D model simulation. The coverages are:
- Boundary Conditions – Used to create boundary conditions for hydraulic computation.
- Obstructions – Used to create feature objects that represent obstructions, such as bank protrusions and boulder clusters.
- Monitor Points – Used to gather specific information for that location at all time steps.
- Materials – Allows creating material zones specific to the SRH-2D model.
- STWAVE – Used to create an STWAVE project.
- Monitoring Cells
- Nesting Points
- TABS (RMA2/RMA4) – Used to build a conceptual model for a RMA2 or RMA4 project.
- TUFLOW Coverages – Used to create feature objects for a TUFLOW simulation. Includes several coverages.
- 1D Cross Sections – Used to define open channel cross section data for 1D networks.
- 1D Networks – Used to create channels and nodes for a 1D domain.
- 1D Water Level Lines – Define the locations where 1D solutions will be written as 2D output.
- 1D Water Level Points – Used in conjunction with water level lines to guide TUFLOW on creating 2D output for 1D networks.
- 1D/2D BCs and Links – Used to specify cell code (active/inactive) areas of the 2D model domain.
- 1D/2D Connections – Used with the 2D BC coverage to link 2D and 1D domains.
- 2D Flow Constriction Shapes – Used to define flow constrictions in TUFLOW.
- 2D Flow Constriction (cell based)
- 2D Grid Extents – Used to create TUFLOW grids.
- 2D Materials – Used to assign material data for use in the TUFLOW simulation.
- 2D Miscellaneous (FLC, WRF, IWL, SRF, and AD)
- 2D Z Lines (advanced) – Modifies geometry through time to simulate levee failures or other changes to elevation data within the model run.
- 2D Z Lines/Polygons (simple) – Used as geometry modifications and force grid elevation values using arcs or polygons.
- 2D/2D Linkages – Used to setup TUFLOW to use multiple 2D domains.
- WAM – Used to build a conceptual model of a WAM project.
- Wind – Represents a storm as an arc or series of arcs that follow the storm track and define the storm attributes at the nodes along the arc.
SMS – Surface-water Modeling System
|Modules:||1D Grid • Cartesian Grid • Curvilinear Grid • GIS • Map • Mesh • Particle • Quadtree • Raster • Scatter|
|General Models:||FVCOM • Generic • PTM • TUFLOW FV|
|Coastal Models:||ADCIRC • BOUSS-2D • CGWAVE • CMS-Flow • CMS-Wave • GenCade • STWAVE • WAM|
|Riverine/Estuarine Models:||ADH • FESWMS • HEC-RAS • HYDRO AS-2D • RMA2 • RMA4 • SRH-2D • Steering • TUFLOW|
|Aquaveo • SMS Tutorials • SMS Workflows|