Generic coverages can be used for generic input prepossessing, generic output postprocessing and generic model interfaces. Generic coverages can be selected by right-clicking on the map module data and selecting Type | Generic; or by right-clicking on the Map Data item and selecting New Coverage command followed by using the New Coverage dialog.. These coverages can be used with most models and simulations.
Currently, the following coverages are considered generic coverages:
- 1D Hyd Centerline Coverage – Used to identify the centerline in the hydraulic model.
- 1D Hyd Cross Section Coverage – Used to identify the cross section stations.
- Activity Classification – Used to define active and inactive areas of a mapped dataset.
- Area Property – Maps properties such as Manning's roughness values to the mesh, grid, or cross-sections.
- Bridge-Piers – Contains tools for modeling bridges and piers.
- CGrid Generator – Used for building feature objects for conversion to a cartesian grid.
- Location – Allows creating points that can be used to gather measurements at specific locations during the model run similar to a model monitor points coverage. Generally designed to be used by developers using the dynamic model interface.
- Mapping – Used for building feature objects for conversion to a scatter set.
- Mesh Generator – Used for building feature objects for conversion to a mesh.
- Mesh Tools – Contains tools for editing meshes using the Map module.
- Observation – Used for model verification and calibration processes.
- Particle/Drogue – For visualization post-processing.
- Plot Data – Used show culvert or bridge locations on an observation profile plot.
- Quadtree Generator – Used for building feature objects for conversion to a quadtree.
- Spatial Data – Designed to store, visualize, and analyze various types of data at node locations.
- Spectral – Used to store all spectral data by location and time.
- Stamping – Used for insertion of man-made structures into a natural topography or bathymetry set.
SMS – Surface-water Modeling System
|Modules:||1D Grid • Cartesian Grid • Curvilinear Grid • GIS • Map • Mesh • Particle • Quadtree • Raster • Scatter|
|General Models:||FVCOM • Generic • PTM • TUFLOW FV|
|Coastal Models:||ADCIRC • BOUSS-2D • CGWAVE • CMS-Flow • CMS-Wave • GenCade • STWAVE • WAM|
|Riverine/Estuarine Models:||ADH • FESWMS • HEC-RAS • HYDRO AS-2D • RMA2 • RMA4 • SRH-2D • Steering • TUFLOW|
|Aquaveo • SMS Tutorials • SMS Workflows|