Starting with version 13.2 , SMS includes a general purpose toolbox that allows the SMS process to interact with external python scripts. In SMS 13.2 this is a beta feature. For this version, the user accesses the toolbox by selecting the toolbox icon in the macro toolbar. This bring up the SMS toolbox dialog.
Tools in the toolbox allow the user to operate on data in an SMS interactive session as well as data in external files. Each tool in the toolbox links to a python script that produces a specific output. Launch a tool by either double clicking on the tool or selecting the tool and clicking the "Run Tool..." button at the bottom of the toolbox.
Example output from a tool could include, but are not limited to:
- a graphic or plot.
- a report (document or spreadsheet) for a specified analytical process.
- a new geometry item in SMS (i.e. a new mesh/Ugrid).
- a new dataset in SMS.
- a new data file.
Available tools in the SMS Tool dialog are divided into categories, typically based on the type of output or the type of arguments used in the tool. Currently these categories include:
- ADCIRC – Contains tools for adding features into an ADCIRC model.
- Coverages – Contains tools for manipulated coverage data.
- Datasets – Contains tools for manipulating datasets attached meshes, scatters sets, or Ugrids.
- Lidar – Contains tools for manipulating lidar data.
- Rasters – Contains tools for manipulating raster files in the GIS module.
- UGrids – Contains tools for manipulating UGrids, scatter sets, and meshes.
The toolbox maintains a history of all tools invoked in an SMS project.
The history section includes the tool and the date/time the tool was invoked. Selecting an entry in the history tab launches the listed tool. The input fields are populated with the arguments that were used in the previous invocation of the tool. These inputs can be changed for the new invocation of the tool.
The History tab has the following options:
- Run Tool From History – Clicking this will run the tool again using the same parameters.
- Delete – Removes the run from the history.
SMS – Surface-water Modeling System
|Modules:||1D Grid • Cartesian Grid • Curvilinear Grid • GIS • Map • Mesh • Particle • Quadtree • Raster • Scatter • UGrid|
|General Models:||FVCOM • Generic • PTM|
|Coastal Models:||ADCIRC • BOUSS-2D • CGWAVE • CMS-Flow • CMS-Wave • GenCade • STWAVE • WAM|
|Riverine/Estuarine Models:||ADH • HEC-RAS • HYDRO AS-2D • RMA2 • RMA4 • SRH-2D • TUFLOW • TUFLOW FV|
|Aquaveo • SMS Tutorials • SMS Workflows|