WMS:Quick Tour - Modules
From XMS WikiJump to navigationJump to search
WMS is organized into eight modules. Each module is associated with a particular object type. Only one module is active at any given time. When switching modules, the menus and tools unique to the active module are displayed.
- Terrain Data. Used for basin delineation with Triangulated Irregular Networks (TINs).
- Drainage. Used for basin delineation with gridded Digital Elevation Models (DEMs).
- Map. Used to create data layers from GIS objects (drainage, soil, land use etc.)
- Hydrologic Modeling. Contains interfaces to hydrologic models.
- River. Contains tools for creating 1D hydraulic models.
- GIS. Used to open shapefile data and convert it to feature objects.
- 2D Grid. Used for finite difference models (currently research models only).
- 2D Scatter Point. Contains 2D scatter point interpolation tools.