SMS:Mesh Module Display Options
The properties of the mesh data SMS displays on the screen can be controlled through the Display Options dialog. The entities associated with the mesh module with display options are shown below. Some of these entities also have an associated Options button. For these entities, additional display options are available. The available mesh display options include the following:
- Nodes – A circle is filled around each node. It's possibly to specify the radius and color of these circles. The Options button is used to set the display of nodal boundary condition data. The dialog that opens when this button is clicked depends on the current numerical model.
- Nodal BC – Some models support nodal boundary conditions. For those that do, each type of boundary condition can be displayed by highlighting the node with a symbol associated with that boundary condition. The Options button next to the Nodal BC entry of the display options allows selecting/modifying the symbols associated with each boundary condition.
- Elements – Element edges.
- Functional Surface – Show surfaces representing one of the functional datasets associated with a mesh, grid or TIN. Clicking the Options button will open the Functional Surface Options dialog.
- Contours – The mesh contours are drawn for the active scalar dataset. Use the Contours tab to change contour options.
- Vectors – The mesh vectors are drawn for the active vector dataset. Use the Vectors tab to change vector options.
- Nodestrings – The color in which a nodestring is drawn depends upon its type. Unassigned nodestrings are drawn in the color/thickness/style shown at the left of the toggle box. For the display of boundary condition nodestrings, click the Options button. The dialog that opens when this button is clicked depends on the current numerical model.
- Mesh Quality – The mesh quality shows potential problems with the finite element mesh layout. An element is highlighted in a color corresponding to the criterion which it violates. The Options button opens the Mesh Quality Options dialog to specify display options for the mesh quality criteria.
- Mesh Boundary – A line is drawn around the perimeter of the mesh.
- Inactive Mesh – Determines the color of all inactive meshes when using multiple meshes.
- Materials – Elements can be filled with the color and pattern which define their materials. Materials and their display properties can be edited by choosing Edit | Materials from the menu.
- Material Boundary – The boundary between zones of elements with a common material type is drawn using specified line attributes.
- Material Numbers – The material id number can be displayed in the center of each element. The font and color can be selected.
- Node Numbers – The node id number can be displayed next to each node. The font and color can be selected.
- Element Numbers – The id of each element.
- Nodal Elevations – Displays the z elevation at each node.
- Wet/Dry Boundary – After a simulation has been opened, the interface between wet and dry nodes can be displayed.
Model specific options
SMS Display Options
|Modules||Mesh Module • Cartesian Grid Module • 3D Cartesian Grid Module • Scatter Module • Map Module • GIS Module • Particle Module|
|Datasets||Contour Options • Vector Options|
SMS – Surface-water Modeling System
|Modules:||1D Grid • Cartesian Grid • Curvilinear Grid • GIS • Map • Mesh • Particle • Quadtree • Raster • Scatter|
|General Models:||FVCOM • Generic • PTM • TUFLOW FV|
|Coastal Models:||ADCIRC • BOUSS-2D • CGWAVE • CMS-Flow • CMS-Wave • GenCade • STWAVE • WAM|
|Riverine/Estuarine Models:||ADH • FESWMS • HEC-RAS • HYDRO AS-2D • RMA2 • RMA4 • SRH-2D • Steering • TUFLOW|
|Aquaveo • SMS Tutorials • SMS Workflows|