AHGW:Import GeoVolume from XML
The Import GeoVolume from XML dialog is accessed by double-clicking on " Import GeoVolume from XML" under the " 3D Import" toolset under the " Subsurface Analyst" toolset under the " Arc Hydro Groundwater Tools" toolbox. This tool imports GeoVolume features from an XML file.
- XML Volume File – Click the button to bring up the Open dialog in order to specify the XML solids file.
- GeoSections XML File – Click the button to bring up the Open dialog in order to specify the multipatch GeoVolume layer to write to.
- Append to Existing GeoVolume Features – Optional. Turn on to append new GeoVolume features to the feature class. Turn off to clear the target feature class prior to creating the new GeoVolume(s).
- OK – Saves all changes, closes the Import GeoVolume from XML dialog, and runs the tool.
- Cancel – Discards all changes and closes the Import GeoVolume from XML dialog.
- Environments... – Brings up the Environment Settings dialog in ArcGIS.
- Show Help – Opens the Help slider on the right side of the dialog.
- Hide Help – Closes the Help slider on the right side of the dialog.
- Tool Help – Only visible if the Help slider is open. Click to open the ArcGIS help for this dialog.
The Import GeoVolume from XML tool imports 3D volume features as 3D multipatches into the GeoVolume feature class in Arc Hydro Groundwater. The tool input is an XML file where volumes are defined as a set of triangles where each triangle is defined by three 3D vertices.
The 3D volumes represent 3D hydrogeologic units and can be viewed in ArcScene.