AHGW:Transform Polygons to XS2D Lines
The Transform Polygons to XS2D Lines tool is accessed by double-clicking on " Transform Polygons to XS2D Lines" under the " XS2D Editor" toolset under the " Subsurface Analyst" toolset under the " Arc Hydro Groundwater Tools" toolbox. This tool creates XS2D line features from SectionLine features and a raster. For each section line multiple XS2D Lines are created, based on underlying polygon features. Raster values are sampled along a SectionLine and then transformed to an XS2D line.
- Input Polygon Features – Click the button to bring up the Input Polygon Features dialog in order to specify the underlying polygon features, which will be used along with the SectionLine features to create XS2D lines. New XS2D line features will be created where the SectionLine and polygon features intersect. The polygon features might come from a geologic map, for example.
- Input Section Line Features – Click the button to bring up the Input Section Line Features dialog in order to specify the input line features representing section lines.The tool can be applied to a selection of SectionLine features. If no features are selceted, the tool will be applied to all features in the SectionLine feature class.
- Input XS2D_Catalog Table – Click the button to bring up the Input XS2D_Catalog Table dialog in order to specify the XS2D_Catalog table as defined by the Arc Hydro Groundwater Data Model. This table stores information relating XS2D feature classes.
- XS2DType – Select from the drop-down the XS2DType value in the XS2D_Catalog table. For each SectionLine the associated Feature Class Name (XS2D_FC) will be located based on the SectionID and the XS2DType values.
- Ground Surface DEM – Click the button to bring up the Ground Surface DEM dialog in order to specify the input raster from which elevation values will be read.
- Discretization Spacing – Optional. Enter the input raster as sampled at the specified spacing along the SectionLine features. The raster resolution is the default spacing and will be used if the parameter is empty.
- FType value of the features to create – Optional. Enter the feature type to assign to the line created by the tool.
- Overwrite Existing XS2D Line Features – Optional. Turn on to clear the target feature class prior to creating new XS2D_Lines. Turn off to append new XS2D_Lines to the existing feature class.