DWG and DXF files can be imported into GMS and displayed to assist in model placement or simply to enhance the display of a model.
The objects in a DWG or DXF file are organized into layers. The display of layers in a CAD drawing is controlled using the checkboxes in the Project Explorer. Individual layers can be turned off/on. To turn off the display of all CAD data, uncheck the box next to the " CAD" folder.
The CAD options are included with all paid editions of GMS.
CAD Item Right-Click Menu
- Remove Data
- To delete the CAD data right-click on the " CAD" item in the Project Explorer and select Remove from the pop-up menu. If the CAD data was imported from a file, the file is not deleted from disk.
- CAD ￫ Feature Objects
- CAD data can be converted to GMS feature objects by right-clicking on the " CAD" item in the Project Explorer and selecting the Convert | Feature Objects command. CAD points are turned into points, CAD lines and polylines are turned into arcs, and CAD polygons are turned into polygons. The feature objects are added to a newly created coverage. Once converted, the feature objects can be used to build conceptual models.
- CAD ￫ TIN
- Sets of CAD faces and points that have been imported to GMS can be converted to a TIN by right-clicking on the " CAD" item in the Project Explorer and selecting either the Convert | CAD Faces → TIN Triangles or the Convert | CAD Points → TIN Points command.
- CAD → Solids
- Using this command will allow the modification of chosen layers to be converted into solids. It is accessed by right-clicking on the " CAD" item in the Project Explorer and selecting the Convert → | Solids....
- Convert To CAD
- This command converts any visible geometric data into CAD format internally within GMS. This CAD data will be saved with the project as a DWG file or can be exported as a separate DWG or DXF file. This command is found either in the Display menu or by right-clicking in an empty space in the Project Explorer.
- Using the Projection | Projection... command opens up a Projection dialog specific to the CAD items selected. Using the Projection | Set As Display Projection command allows setting the display projection for the project as the current projection of the CAD data.
- This option allows the user to open a properties dialog that aids in the specification of properties related to different layers of the project.
GMS – Groundwater Modeling System
|Modules:||2D Grid • 2D Mesh • 2D Scatter Point • 3D Grid • 3D Mesh • 3D Scatter Point • Boreholes • GIS • Map • Solid • TINs • UGrids|
|Models:||FEFLOW • FEMWATER • MODAEM • MODFLOW • MODPATH • mod-PATH3DU • MT3DMS • MT3D-USGS • PEST • PHT3D • RT3D • SEAM3D • SEAWAT • SEEP2D • T-PROGS • ZONEBUDGET|