HY8:Embankment Toe Data
Embankment toe data are used to describe the fill into which a culvert will be placed. No culvert dimensions are provided at this point, and the goal of the designer is to fit the culvert in the designed roadway cross section when geometry is provided from design drawings. Once the culvert height has been entered, the program will calculate the culvert invert station and elevation data (see the diagram below). The following parameters are defined by the user and are shown in the figure below:
- Upstream Station – Station (m or ft) of the upstream intersection of the stream bed or drainage channel and embankment slope
- Upstream Elevation – Stream bed elevation (m or ft) at upstream station
- Upstream Embankment Slope – Embankment slope on the upstream side of the roadway (m/m or ft/ft)
- Downstream Station – Station (m or ft) of downstream intersection of the stream bed or drainage channel and embankment slope. Must be greater than the upstream station.
- Downstream Elevation – Stream bed elevation (m or ft) at downstream station
- Downstream Embankment Slope – Embankment slope on the downstream side of the roadway (m/m or ft/ft)
- Number of Barrels – Program default is 1 barrel, although the user may place multiple barrels with the same characteristics
Horizontal and adverse slopes may be entered. Stations may be entered in ascending or descending order.