The tapered inlet table is designed to be used with tapered inlets and shows the headwater elevation at the culvert inlet based on different controls such as the crest, face, and throat. The following parameters are computed and displayed:
- Total Discharge: Total discharge at the culvert crossing
- Culvert Discharge: Amount of discharge that passes through the culvert barrel(s)
- Headwater Elevation: Computed headwater elevation at the inlet(s) of the culvert(s)
- Inlet Control Depth: Inlet control headwater depth above inlet invert
- Outlet Control Depth: Outlet control headwater depth above inlet invert
- Flow Type: USGS flow type "Full Flow HDS-5" is shown if full flow outlet control option is selected
- Crest Control Elevation: Headwater elevation calculated assuming crest control.
- Face Control Elevation: Headwater elevation calculated assuming face control.
- Throat Control Elevation: Headwater elevation calculated assuming throat control.
- Tailwater Elevation: Tailwater elevation at culvert outlet from downstream channel.
The tapered inlet table also provides the option of plotting and viewing the culvert performance curve.