GMS:Feature Object Commands
From XMS WikiJump to navigationJump to search
The Feature Objects menu becomes available when the conceptual model, or Map model, is active. The menu has the following commands:
- Build Polygons
- Creates polygons out of closed arcs.
- Switches selected vertices to nodes and vise verse.
- Vertices → Node
- Switches selected vertices to nodes.
- Nodes → Vertices
- Switches selected nodes to vertices.
- Redistribute Vertices...
- Redistributes the amount of vertices on a selected arc using an input value for spacing.
- Create Arc Group
- Creates the select multiple arcs as one. All arcs are still separate arcs, but one group.
- Reverse Arc Direction
- Arcs have a direction that follows the path that they were made. Direction is important with some parameters and need to be consistent throughout the model.
- Selecting this command brings up the Clean dialog. See Clean Command for more information.
- Find Feature Object...
- Select a feature object using the object ID.
- New Grid Frame
- Creates a new grid frame object in the project explorer.
- Activate Cells in Coverage(s)
- After creating a coverage that defines the model boundary and creating a grid, just the cells that are in the active coverage will remain active.
- Arc(s) → Cross Section
- Opens the Arcs → Cross Sections dialog. See Arc → Cross Sections for more information.
- Map → TIN
- This command creates a TIN using each polygon in the coverage.
- Map → 2D Mesh
- This command creates a 2D Mesh on the interior of all of the polygons in the current coverage. See Map to 2D Mesh for more information.
- Map → 2D Grid
- Opens the Create Grid dialog. See Map to 2D Grid for more information.
- Map → 3D Grid
- Opens the Create Grid dialog. See Map to 3D Grid for more information.
- Map → UGrid
- Opens the Map→UGrid dialog. See Map → UGrid for more information.
- Map → 2D Scatter Points
- Creates a scatter point set from the points and nodes and vertices of the current coverage. See Map to 2D Scatter Points for more information.
- Map → 3D Scatter Points
- Creates a scatter point set from the points and nodes and vertices of the current coverage. See Map to 3D Scatter Points for more information.
- Map → MODFLOW
- Opens the Map → MODFLOW Options dialog. See Map to MODFLOW for more information.
- Map → SEAM3D
- Map → FEMWATER
- This command assigns the wells, boundary conditions, and recharge zones assigned to the points, arcs, and polygons. See Map to FEMWATER for more information.
- Map → SEEP2D
- Converts a conceptual model to a SEEP2D numerical model.
- Map → WASH123D
- Map → ADH
- Copy to Coverage...
- Opens a dialog allowing for selection of one or more coverages which selected feature objects will be copied to. This may result in overlapping and/or intersecting objects.
- Zoom To Extents
- Frames the Graphics Window around the selected objects.
- Set Arc Directions From Stream Data
- Uses the stream top elevations defined at the nodes to make the arcs point downhill. Only works for the STR package (not SFR2).
- Set Arc Directions From Node Elevations
- Uses the Z value at the nodes to make the arcs point downhill.
GMS – Groundwater Modeling System
|Modules:||2D Grid • 2D Mesh • 2D Scatter Point • 3D Grid • 3D Mesh • 3D Scatter Point • Boreholes • GIS • Map • Solid • TINs • UGrids|
|Models:||FEFLOW • FEMWATER • MODAEM • MODFLOW • MODPATH • mod-PATH3DU • MT3DMS • MT3D-USGS • PEST • PHT3D • RT3D • SEAM3D • SEAWAT • SEEP2D • T-PROGS • ZONEBUDGET|