The File menu is one of the standard menus and is available in all of the modules. The commands in the File menu are used for file input and output for the basic GMS file types, for printing, and to exit the program. The following commands are contained in the File menu:
- Deletes all data associated with all data types and all modules. It resets the status of the program to the default state that is set when the program is first launched. This command should be selected when an entirely new modeling problem is started.
- This command is used to read in project files and to import data or other files generated outside of GMS.
- Add Online Maps
- Allows importing data such as imagery and DEM data from the internet.
- Used to save GMS projects. A project contains all of the files associated with a modeling project. When a GMS project is saved, all files associated with the data currently in memory are saved. This includes any model simulations which are open. By default the model simulation will be saved to the same location as the project. However, in the Save dialog the path for the model simulation can be specified.
- Save As
- Used to designate the path for saving a GMS project. It can also be used to Export data.
- Edit File
- Prompts for the name of a file and opens the file in the chosen program. This command is used to edit model input files or to view output files. Output files that are part of a Solution can also be viewed by double-clicking on the text file in the Project Explorer.
- This command can be used to change the default settings (display options, units etc) applied to all new projects. For example, if wanting new projects to have particular settings, set those up in GMS and then use the Settings command to to save the Current settings as the defaults to be used in the future. It is also possible to stop using defaults that were set previously and restore the defaults to the Factory defaults. There is only one set of default settings.
- Page Setup
- Launches the Page Setup dialog. The Page Setup dialog contains 3 tabs: Margins, Options, and Paper Size. The Options tab allows specifying the printing scale. The Paper Size tab allows selecting the paper size and source. Also, the orientation, portrait or landscape, can be selected. The Margin tab allows changing the Margins. On the right side of each tab is a print preview.
- Printed copies of the current GMS image are generated with this command. This launches the standard Windows Printing dialog.
- Launches the XMS Layout dialog for defining print layouts.
- Recent File List
- Near the bottom of the File menu is a list of recently opened projects. As many as five different files can be in the recent file list.
- Terminates the program.
GMS – Groundwater Modeling System
|Modules:||2D Grid • 2D Mesh • 2D Scatter Point • 3D Grid • 3D Mesh • 3D Scatter Point • Boreholes • GIS • Map • Solid • TINs • UGrids|
|Models:||FEFLOW • FEMWATER • MODAEM • MODFLOW • MODPATH • mod-PATH3DU • MT3DMS • MT3D-USGS • PEST • PHT3D • RT3D • SEAM3D • SEAWAT • SEEP2D • T-PROGS • ZONEBUDGET|