The Static Toolbar contains tools which are available in every module. These tools are tools for basic operations such as panning and zooming. Only one tool is active at any given time. The action that takes place when clicking in the Graphics Window depends on the current tool. The following describes the tools in the Static Tool palette.
- When the Pan tool is active, holding down the main mouse button while dragging moves the view.
- If another tool is active and not wanting to switch tools, pan by holding down the F2 key and clicking and dragging with the mouse.
- If the mouse has a middle button (or a mouse wheel), hold it down and drag to pan the view.
- With the Zoom tool selected, clicking on the screen zooms the display in around the point by a factor of two. Holding down the SHIFT key zooms out.
- With the zoom tool selected, a rectangle can be dragged around a portion of the display to zoom in on that region. Holding down the SHIFT key zooms out.
- If another tool is active and wanting to switch tools, zoom by holding down the F3 key and clicking and dragging with the mouse.
- If the mouse has a middle button (or a mouse wheel), scroll the wheel to zoom in and out.
- With the Rotate tool selected, holding down the mouse button and dragging the cursor in the Graphics Window rotates the object in the direction specified. A horizontal movement rotates the image about the z axis. A vertical movement rotates the image about the x and y axis. The amount of rotation depends on the distance the cursor moves while the mouse button is down.
- If another tool is active and not wanting to switch tools, rotate by holding down the F4 key and clicking and dragging with the mouse.
- The viewing angle can also be entered directly through the Display Options dialog (General Options, View tab).
|Standard Toolbars:||Data • Macros (Display, File, Optional Macro) • Module Toolbar • Static Tools|
|Dynamic Tools||1D Grid • 2D Mesh Module • Annotations • Cartesian Grid Module • Curvilinear Grid • GIS Module • Map Module • Particle Module • Quadtree • Scatter Module|
|Quick Tour • Layout|
SMS – Surface-water Modeling System
|Modules:||1D Grid • Cartesian Grid • Curvilinear Grid • GIS • Map • Mesh • Particle • Quadtree • Raster • Scatter • UGrid|
|General Models:||3D Structure • FVCOM • Generic • PTM|
|Coastal Models:||ADCIRC • BOUSS-2D • CGWAVE • CMS-Flow • CMS-Wave • GenCade • STWAVE • WAM|
|Riverine/Estuarine Models:||AdH • HEC-RAS • HYDRO AS-2D • RMA2 • RMA4 • SRH-2D • TUFLOW • TUFLOW FV|
|Aquaveo • SMS Tutorials • SMS Workflows|