SMS:What's New in SMS 13.1
From XMS WikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Extract Features tool for generating streams, bank arcs, and cross sections from raster data.
- Support for Additional Online Maps.
- New "Relative to dataset" origin option for viewing vectors.
- 3D bridge modeling using components.
- Plot options allows for displaying 3D bridge location.
- Updates to using simulations.
- New Compute Derivative tool in the Dataset Toolbox.
- Access to limited dataset tools in the dataset toolbox from the community version.
- Option to generate animations (film loops) from the community version.
- Project Explorer project right-click commands.
- Updated Floodway Definition tool.
- User configurable model (i.e. SRH-2D, ADCIRC, CMS-Flow, etc.) commands specified as a preference dialog. This allows the user to control what commands are available on the right click of a simulation. Options include all combinations of the following:
- Save the project
- Save the simulation / all simulations
- Run the simulation / all simulations
- 1D Module added back into SMS to support HEC-RAS 1D.
- Ability to generate flood depths from a raster.
- 1D Cross Section Tools
- Updates to the floodway extraction command on 1D Hydraulic Centerline coverages
- Option to compute a floodway using a unit flowrate corridor. This can use a combination of specified depth and velocity magnitude datasets or a single unit flow dataset. The user specifies a unit flow (cubic foot per second per foot) value.
- Capability to create a new material coverage from a specified material coverage. The coverage is trimmed to the computed floodway boundary. This functions for both floodway methods (equal conveyance reduction and the new unit flowrate method).
- New Feature Extraction functionality
- New universal Select Objects tool.
- New Select Intersecting Objects selection tool.
- Ability to export shapefile files by right-clicking on a coverage and selecting Export.
- Support to export shapefile files in community version.
- New Copy to Coverage command.
- New arc annotation options, direction and stationing.
- New create blended arc tool
- Updates to the bridge scour tool.
- UGrid clipping option added.
- Updates to the ADCIRC interface.
- Note: SMS 13.0 ADCIRC project files should not be imported into 13.1. Instead, use the native ADCIRC files to rebuild the project.
- New HEC-RAS 1D export option.
- Tools available on simulation right click
- Advanced simulation
- Multiple scenario management
- Automatic calibration (Parameter Estimation or PEST) using Manning's n and/or flowrates.
- View Simulation Plots (see new plots discussion)
- Statistical Analysis
- Summary Report Generation. Generates an HTML report summarizing contents and attributes of the project. This is designed to be a first pass at model review.
- Datasets to Rasters
- Advanced simulation
- SRH-2D specific floodway tools available on simulation right click (New): These are in addition to the general floodway delineation tool available on the 1D centerline coverage.
- Generate Floodway Simulation: This generates a new simulation and a new boundary condition coverage.
- Generate Floodway Cross Section: These cross sections can be used to evaluate rise and velocity comparing a floodway simulation to a floodplain simulation.
- Compare Floodway Simulation Data: This generates a customized cross section summary table to compare water levels and velocities between a floodplain simulation and a floodway simulation.
- New plots - displayed in the Run Queue as well as accessible in Tools|View Simulation Plots menu command when right clicking on a simulation:
- Simulation plots:
- Net Q (Outflow - Inflow)/Inflow
- Mass Balance. This includes both mass balance for each time step and the cumulative mass balance
- Simulation plot for number of wet elements
- Structure plots available when right clicking on a BC arc for Culverts, Weirs, Gates, and Links
- Monitor line and monitor point plots available when right clicking on these entities.
- Simulation plots:
- New boundary condition options:
- Option to instruct SRH-2D to allow 2D flow for overtopping an HY-8 culvert
- Option to specify boundary condition arcs as data lines and associate these lines with structures. This allows the controlling water levels used for structures such as weirs and culverts to not be right on top of the structure.
- Option to define pressure zones as a dataset. This allows arbitrary bridge geometry. This is coupled with a tool that will convert 3D bridge objects into a "ceiling" dataset for this purpose,
- New "Water Surface Elevation Dataset" initial condition option in the SRH-2D Model Control dialog.
- Option to output spatial datasets of "maximums" and "times of maximum".
- Updates to SRH-2D material coverage and material properties.
- Sediment transport parameters are now set on in the SRH-2D Model Control dialog.
- The Populate dialog has been replaced by the Channel Calculator dialog.
- Improved management of HY-8 linkage.
- Functionality to import "Model Native" files (srhhydro, etc.) and create representative simulations.
SMS – Surface-water Modeling System
|Modules:||1D Grid • Cartesian Grid • Curvilinear Grid • GIS • Map • Mesh • Particle • Quadtree • Raster • Scatter|
|General Models:||FVCOM • Generic • PTM • TUFLOW FV|
|Coastal Models:||ADCIRC • BOUSS-2D • CGWAVE • CMS-Flow • CMS-Wave • GenCade • STWAVE • WAM|
|Riverine/Estuarine Models:||ADH • FESWMS • HEC-RAS • HYDRO AS-2D • RMA2 • RMA4 • SRH-2D • Steering • TUFLOW|
|Aquaveo • SMS Tutorials • SMS Workflows|