SMS:Project Explorer Right-Click Menus
The following Project Explorer right-click menus are available based on where the mouse right-click is performed.
Project Explorer White Space Right-Click Menus
Right-clicking in the white space of the Project Explorer invokes an options menu with the following options:
- Switch Module – Use to change the active module (active menus and tools are based on the current module).
- New Simulation – Creates a new simulation for available models.
- Convert to CAD – Conversion of visible entities to CAD format. CAD layers are shown in a CAD Data folder in the Project Explorer.
- Collapse all – Collapses all items in the Project Explorer.
- Expand all – Expands all items in the Project Explorer.
- Check all – Checks all items in the Project Explorer. Checked items are displayed.
- Uncheck all – Unchecks all items in the Project Explorer. Unchecked items are not displayed.
- Preferences – Sets the program preferences in the Preferences dialog.
Module Right-Click Menus
Right-click menus include both general and module specific menu commands.
The following are available for all module items:
- New Folder – Creates a new folder beneath the module item which can be used to organize datasets.
- Delete – Delete the module item.
- Duplicate – Duplicate the module item (cartesian grid, scatter set, etc.) including model parameters, boundary conditions, etc.
- Rename – Rename the module item. Note that special characters and apostrophes in an object name are not allowed in most cases.
- Convert – Convert the module item to another data type (e.g. Mesh → Scatter Set, Map → 2D Mesh, etc.)
- Projection – Sets the projection the object.
- Metadata – View or modify the metadata associated with a module item.
- Zoom To [Module Item] – Reframe the image based on the module item extents.
Module Specific Options
See the module right-click menu article for more information on module specific right-click menus:
- 2D Mesh Module
- Cartesian Grid Module
- Scatter Module
- Map Module
- GIS Module
- 1D Grid Module
- Particle Module
- CAD Data
Dataset Right-Click Menus
- Delete – Deletes the selected dataset(s). This command may not be available for all datasets. If a dataset has been defined as an input dataset from a model parameter dialog, it must be deleted by changing the model parameter that requires the dataset as an input. It is not recommended to delete datasets that are part of a single solution file since SMS reads these as a set from the single file.
- Rename – Rename the selected dataset. This is an option for datasets stored as part of the SMS project or created in the dataset toolbox. If the dataset comes from a numerical simulation solution, the name will revert to the name specified by the solution when it is read again.
- Export – Exports the selected dataset using the Export Dataset dialog.
- Scalars to Vector – Convert two scalar datasets to a single vector dataset. This command only appears on scalar datasets. This operation can also be accessed in the dataset toolbox.
- Vector to Scalars – Covert a single vector dataset into two scalar datasets (magnitude and direction or Vx and Vy). This command only appears on vector datasets. This operation can also be accessed in the dataset toolbox.
- Dataset Contour Options – Opens the Dataset Contour Options dialog.
- Metadata – Opens the Dataset Metadata dialog, used to add or view metadata associated with the project. SMS associates the specific data with the selected dataset.
- Info – Opens the Dataset Info dialog which displays characteristics of the dataset. These characteristics include statistics such as maximum, minimum, and range as well as mean and standard deviation.
- Time Units and Reference – For a transient dataset, the display of time values in the Time Steps window is controlled by the Time Settings.
Folder Right-Click Menus
- New Folder – Creates a new folder beneath the selected folder which can be used to organize datasets.
- Delete – Deletes the selected folder(s).
- Rename – Rename the selected folder.
SMS Menu Bars
|Standard Menus:||File • Edit • Display • Web • Window • Help|
|Module Menus:||2D Mesh • Cartesian Grid • Curvilinear Grid • GIS • Map • Particle • Quadtree • Raster • Scatter|
|Model Menus:||ADCIRC • BOUSS-2D • CGWAVE • CMS-Flow • CMS-Wave • FESWMS • Generic Model • GenCade • PTM • RMA2 • RMA4 • SRH-2D • STWAVE • TUFLOW|
SMS – Surface-water Modeling System
|Modules:||1D Grid • Cartesian Grid • Curvilinear Grid • GIS • Map • Mesh • Particle • Quadtree • Raster • Scatter|
|General Models:||FVCOM • Generic • PTM • TUFLOW FV|
|Coastal Models:||ADCIRC • BOUSS-2D • CGWAVE • CMS-Flow • CMS-Wave • GenCade • STWAVE • WAM|
|Riverine/Estuarine Models:||ADH • FESWMS • HEC-RAS • HYDRO AS-2D • RMA2 • RMA4 • SRH-2D • Steering • TUFLOW|
|Aquaveo • SMS Tutorials • SMS Workflows|