WMS:2D Grid Tools
From XMS Wiki
The toolbar for the WMS 2D Grid module has a variety of tools useful for editing and creating objects within that module. The tools are described below.
- Select Grid Cell
- The Select Cell tool is used to select individual grid cells or grid nodes. Multi-selection can be performed by holding down the SHIFT key while selecting or by dragging a rectangle to enclose the cells to be selected. The ij indices of the selected cell are displayed in the Edit Window.
- If the grid is cell-centered, selected cells are highlighted by drawing small circles around the cell centers. If the grid is mesh-centered, the grid nodes (corners) are selected, and the circles are drawn around the grid nodes. Only visible cells can be selected. Cells which have been hidden cannot be selected. Inactive cells can only be selected when they are being displayed by turning on the Inactive Cells item in the Display Options dialog (see section below on active/inactive cells).
- Select Grid Row
- The Select Grid Row tool is used to select an entire "row" (set of cells with the same i index) of cells at once. Multi-selection can be performed by holding down the Shift key. The i index of the selected row is displayed in the Edit Window.
- Select Grid Column
- The Select Grid Column tool is used to select an entire "column" (set of cells with the same j index) of cells at once. Multi-selection can be performed by holding down the Shift key. The j index of the selected column is displayed in the Edit Window.
- Place Contour Labels
- The Place Contour Labels tool manually places numerical contour elevation labels at points clicked on with the mouse. These labels remain on the screen until the contouring options are changed, until they are deleted using the Contour Label Options dialog, or until the Graphics Window is refreshed. Contour labels can also be deleted with this tool by holding down the Shift key while clicking on the labels. This tool can only be used when the TIN is in plan view.
- Create Gages
- The Create Gages tool is used to interactively create gages in the Graphics Window. When this tool is active, a new gage is created by clicking in the Graphics Window at the desired location of the gage (the Graphics Window must be in plan view when creating gages). The xy coordinates of the gage are defined by the cursor position and a prompt will ask for the z coordinate. The x, y, and z coordinates of a new gage can be edited using the Edit Window. In addition, once a gage has been defined with the Create Gages tool, the gage can be edited using the Gages dialog.
- Select Gages
- The Select Gages tool is used to select previously defined gages. A set of selected gages can be deleted by hitting the Delete key or by selecting the Delete command from the Edit menu. The coordinates of a selected gage can be edited using the Edit Window. The location of a gage can also be edited by holding down the mouse button when a gage is selected and dragging the gage. This tool is also used to control what is plotted in the Gage Plot Window. Only the curves associated with selected gages are plotted.
- Select Hydrograph
- The Select Hydrograph tool allows selecting hydrograph icons that appear at specified locations after completing a GSSHA solution. By double-clicking on the icon a hydrograph plot window will be created (or select the hydrograph and choose the New Hydrograph Plot option from the Display menu).
- Terrain Data Tool Palette
- Map Tool Palette
- Hydrologic Modeling Tool Palette
- Scatter Point Tool Palette
WMS – Watershed Modeling System
|Modules:||Terrain Data • Drainage • Map • Hydrologic Modeling • River • GIS • 2D Grid • 2D Scatter|
|Models:||CE-QUAL-W2 • GSSHA • HEC-1 • HEC-HMS • HEC-RAS • HSPF • MODRAT • NSS • OC Hydrograph • OC Rational • Rational • River Tools • Storm Drain • SMPDBK • SWMM • TR-20 • TR-55|
|Toolbars:||Modules • Macros • Units • Digitize • Static Tools • Dynamic Tools • Drawing • Get Data Tools|